Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a service provided by an experienced pharmacist. A pharmacist will meet with you one-on-one to review all of your medications (prescriptions, over-the-counter, herbal and nutritional) to ensure that your current drug therapy is both safe and effective.
Why is MTM important for me?
Managing your health becomes more difficult if you are taking more than one kind of medication.
You may ask:
- Why am I taking these medications?
- Are my medications working the way they should?
- Can I do anything about the side effects?
- Am I taking them in the right order and at the right time of day?
- Are my medications interacting with each other?
- Are all my medications really making me feel better?
- How are my medications affecting my blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar?
Getting the most from your medication:
A pharmacist at MedSave can help make sure that:
- You are taking only the medication you need.
- You are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time.
- Your medications are not interacting with each other.
- Any vitamins, supplements or over-the-counter drugs you are taking are safe and effective.
- You are not spending more than you need for your medications.
Does my insurance cover MTM service?
Some insurance plans cover MTM service. MTM is a covered service through Medicare and some state Medicaid programs. Ask a pharmacist at MedSave if your insurance covers the service.
In addition to the eligibility of Medicare Part D qualified individuals, the State of Minnesota also has their own MTM program for those individuals who are receiving benefits through the state Medicaid program. We also have pharmacists on staff who are qualified to provide those services.
If you are interested in Medication Therapy Management Services, please call us at MedSave to receive more information or to find out if you qualify for MTM. If you do qualify, we will set up an appointment with one of our pharmacists.